Customized Transducer Solutions
Define it. Optimize it. Build It.
At Sensor Networks, we specialize in the design and fabrication of industrial ultrasonic transducers and tooling for demanding in-situ test and inspection applications. Engineered for precision, ease-of-use and maximum durability, our offering includes; ultrasonic transducers, ﬁxtures, couplant-delivery systems, qualiﬁcation/calibration standards, procedure development, personnel training and instrumentation.
Our deep domain expertise enhances NDT solutions through the selection, design and optimization of the ultrasonic technique. The transducer’s efficiency is paramount for converting electrical energy into sound, then coupling and directing that acoustic energy into the test piece to maximize its signal-to-noise ratio.
Interested in Working with Sensor Networks?
Self-aligning wand transducers for hard-to-access rotating equipment inspections
- 0.1-0.5″ diameters
- Conventional shear-wave and PAUT types
- Available with single-axis articulation, integral couplant delivery and CCTV options
Linear & matrix
- Annular, daisy & circular
- Contact & immersion
- Single & dual
- Flat & curved
For tubing weld or braze joints
Linear or area pulse-echo arrays
For UT-thickness monitoring
ASME Section XI
- Refracted longitudinal
- Phased-array duals
- Contact or Immersion
- Complex wedges & delays
7 MHz Ultra-high-temp Delay-line
Transducer and mounting clamp for continuous 500°C (932°F)
- Linear & Matrix
- Annular, Daisy & Circular
- Contact & Immersion
- Single & Dual
- Flat & Curved
Conventional transducers for quick swapping onto delay lines or wedges
Small-diameter (< 0.25”/6 mm) ID Bore Probes
Shear-wave, L-wave, duals and tandem types
2 MHz PAUT Dual
With 2×16 elements per probe and detachable wedge
Sensor Networks uses industry-preferred design and simulation tools to create an optimized mechanical, electrical and ultrasonic model of the inspection task, including its scan plan.
Our in-house capabilities deliver rapid, turn-key prototyping of transducer and test solutions. Personal training, qualiﬁcation and certiﬁcation (TQ&C) processes are compliant with ASNT’s TC1A procedures (effective 1Q17). Level II- and III-certiﬁed technicians and engineers are ready to help you develop the tools, procedures and technician training for demanding UT applications.
- SolidWorks: Parametric 3D CAD and Mechanical Properties Modeling
- AutoCad: 2D CAD and Ray-tracing
- CIVA: Acoustic Beam Modeling and Delay Law Calculation for Conventional and Phased Arrays
- PiezoCad: Transducer Construction & Performance Modeling
- Field II: Transducer Construction & Performance Modeling
- UltraVision 3D: NDT data imaging and analysis software for Conventional and Phased Arrays
- ES Beam Tool: Ultrasonic Inspection Plan Design and Validation Software