Remote Non-Intrusive Corrosion Monitoring
A Whole New Approach to Wireless Corrosion/Erosion Monitoring!
microPIMS® is a fully wireless, non-intrusive, ultrasonic corrosion/erosion monitoring system. Powered by battery, it operates using long range (>1 mile/1.6Km) sub Gigi-Hertz wireless connectivity. Each microPIMS sensor is programmed to take readings at a user-defined specified time interval and send data to Sensor Networks proprietary webPIMS® software, a cloud-based back-end web portal for analysis, trending and more.
*Only offering in North America at this time.
Use microPIMS® for:
- Applications where frequent data is required to monitor corrosion/erosion rate issues.
- Short- or long-term corrosion rate data is needed to monitor crude-slate changes or to correlate operational system updates.
- Areas not conducive to manual UT thickness surveys.
- Covering many discrete points with simple attachment.
- Situations where quick and easy installations are required.
- Easy installation (no welding required) and repositioning.
microPIMS Probes HT (L) UHT (R)
Interested in Working with Sensor Networks?
Take advantage of remarkably cost-effective, modular and robust solutions for remote, non-intrusive monitoring of ID corrosion and erosion using the latest solid-state electronics, wireless or wired technologies, cloud based software and innovative ultrasonic transducer designs.
The versatility and ease of use is amazing!
- Calculating corrosion rates
- Monitoring known “low spots” or “areas of interest”
- Using a non-invasive solution in lieu of or in conjunction with invasive methods (coupons, ER probes, etc.)
- Reducing recurring access costs
- Continuously accessing additional & improved data on asset condition
smartPIMS components, software, and systems are highly configurable, from just a few sensors to thousands of TMLs per network. Leveraging the low-cost and ubiquitous aspects of the Internet and wireless networks (including cellular) systems can be easily and cost-effectively installed and maintained at most industrial facilities.
Installed sensors are ideally suited for remotely monitoring areas of active metal loss due to corrosion/erosion.
- Hard wired – (for areas without cellular or wireless infrastructure)
- No battery on board
- Collected data manually via tablet/PC
- ‘Daisy-chain’ up to 32 DSIs on 1000’ RS-485 cable
- Choose between 16 single element or 8 dual element sensors per DSI
- Temporary or permanently affix the sensors (except mapPIMS)
- Ideal for testing a few to a moderate number of points
- Simple to install
- Takes readings instantly upon setup at defined intervals (1 per day/week/month/etc.)
- Cellular IoT connection – Little to no IT support needed
- Cloud-based back end for analysis and trending & spreadsheet data exporting capability
- Low cost, highly configurable
- Battery life: 5-7 years
Continuous Access to Additional and Improved Data
AWS-hosted cloud-based data management system for ultrasonic thickness measurements from installed UT sensors.
- Access with most any web browser
- View, report, analyze the data
- Remote collaboration with multiuser access
- Data can be hosted by Sensor Networks or by user
- Short-term and long-term corrosion rates
- Set alarms for assets
- Identify by GPS sensor coordinates
- A-scan viewing
- Safe; Non-invasive to the asset’s pressure boundary
- Absolute in its ability to directly measure remaining wall thickness (not a proxy for wall loss) at the sensors point of contact
- Extremely accurate to 0.001” (0.025 mm), with the ability to measure down to 0.040” (1 mm) in carbon steel, especially for fixed-location probes
- Rugged, reliable and portable
- Low recurring maintenance costs
- Versatile and cost-effective
- Flow Accelerated Corrosion (FAC)
- Microbiological corrosion
- High pressure steam lines
- High point vent
- Baseline of new assets
Oil & Gas
- Replacement of invasive technologies – ER probes/coupons
- Process control for chemical inhibitor optimization
- High Temp Naphthenic acid monitoring
- Post repair or replacement baseline of new infrastructure
- Monitoring of known/existing localized corrosion events
- Used in lieu of pigging/ILI for river/road crossings or 49 CRF 192 & 195
- Wellhead monitoring for initial start-up & injection/storage
- High pressure pumping instrumentation health monitoring
- Sand erosion/wash-out for offshore platforms & FPSOs
- Flow-Accelerated Corrosion (FAC)
- Microbiologically-Induced Corrosion (MIC)
- High-pressure steam lines
- High point vent
- Baseline of new assets
Hard-wired system for offshore platforms
Wireless, real-time for refinery, chemical and power plants
Wireless, real-time for buried pipe
Manual system for refinery, chemical and power plants