Customer replaced lines on Atmospheric Tower due to amine corrosion (Chloride & HCL) issues. Installed sensors in TML ports circumferentially in areas where corrosion was seen previously to monitor corrosion rates.
- 24” line … insulated w/ TML ports, ~220F
- 1 smartPIMS cellular systems w/ 8 dual element probes
- Installation performed by rope access team at top of tower elevated ~250’
- Probes permanently installed in TML ports
- Monitoring interval: every 12 hours
- Glean needed corrosion rate information without sending technicians
- Reduce safety measures due to elevation and rope access