- By: sensornet2525js
- Tags: Tags: Oil & Gas Downstream
- 0 comment
Customer built new unit to increase production. H2S line prone to corrosion at two different 90s before overhead line. Elected to use non-intrusive permanently installed UT sensors to monitor pipe intrados, extrados, top & bottom locations in lieu of installing a heat trace to maintain dew point.
Vacuum Fractionator ~300F
- 12” Sch. 40 … all nominal wall thickness .4” +/- 12%
- smartPIMS LT Cellular w/ 8 dual element probes permanently attached
- Monitoring interval: 1 reading every 2 days, transmission every 6 days. Estimated battery life ~4 yrs.
- DSI bolted to hand rail and unistrut, cables run to TMLs
- Inspection costs – JLG lift, scaffolding, or rope access required to reach locations 60’ and 100’ off the ground
- Process control – access to more … accurate and quality data to trend corrosion rates
- Heat trace & insulation would have cost >$500K … installed sensors cost them ~$50K