- By: sensornet2525js
- Tags: Tags: Oil & Gas Midstream
- 0 comment
An operator found internal corrosion during an ILI run and decided the pitting required a segment of the pipe needed to be replaced. The location of the localized corrosion was unexpected and concerning with the severity of the pitting so the operator decided to monitor the same area on the new pipe where the previous failure occurred in order to gather periodic data to assess asset integrity.
Area corrosion baseline monitoring
- 36” natural gas transmission line nominal thickness approximately .240”
matPIMS 1×15 mat sensor with modbus configuration permanently attached and buried to monitor critical area on new pipe.
- Sensors were attached via epoxy and stopaq and buried
- Enclosure used to house DSI and act as collection point for techs
- Operator will vary frequency of manual readings